Learn about Sucre's history and traditions on this walking tour. See this capital's main attractions, interact with locals, and taste traditional Bolivian food with a local guide.
Sucre, the capital city of Bolivia, provides a warm welcome to all visitors who want to get to know this beautiful city. A memorable experience awaits you! A local guide will accompany you during this walking tour, sharing his/her knowledge with you as you make these following stops:
- Main Square Plaza 25 de Mayo: You will see the main buildings around the square and your guide will explain to you the history of each place and why it is called May 25th square
- After our visit to the main square, you will go to the local market where we will have a traditional and delicious “Tojori” breakfast (a very traditional drink made out of corn, it is hot and filling)
- Following your visit you head towards the Obelisk and then to the Bolivar park, a beauty among the plazas. It was once a private garden of the richest man in Sucre and it is now public and considered as the most beautiful plaza in Sucre
- “Kinder Park”: this is a place where you will have an experience that you’ll never forget. Sucre is known for having dinosaur tracks all over the place, it is so trendy to name everything after a dinosaur that this park is all about dinos
- After our visit to the park, you will take local transport to go to a viewpoint from where you can see the majestic Sucre. Overlooking the city of Sucre, La Recoleta is also a place where history and tradition blends
- Now time to take a cab that will take us to an unusual place: the cemetery. “Today us, tomorrow you” reads in the inscriptions at the entrance gate. The most beautiful place of all Sucre, this is a unforgettable experience in which visitors can see how rich people were back in the 1800's in South America
Your walking tour will come to an end in the main square.